Mary E. Work’s law practice is primarily devoted to professional and occupational license defense. She places a special emphasis on California Bureau of Real Estate Regulatory Practice and real estate license defense. When your license and your livelihood are on the line you need the type of experienced representation we provide.
Since 2004, Mary E. Work, Esq. has been in private practice advising and representing clients who face licensing or regulatory problems. All professional licensing matters in the State of California, except for State Bar matters, are subject to an administrative hearing process before the Office of Administrative Hearings. Mary E. Work has represented thousands of clients facing the denial of, or discipline of, their professional or occupational license. Before beginning private practice in 2004, Mary E. Work acquired the following experience: Prosecutor with the State of California, Department of Real Estate.
Author and Presenter
- California Real Estate Brokers Law and Litigation published by CEB – Chapters 8 and 9 addressing Regulation of Brokers and the DRE (Co-Authored with Paula Reddish Zinnemann).
- Consultant to CEB Book on Professional Licensing\Disciplinary Procedures and Disciplinary Practice in California.
- Presenter to Industry and Trade Groups on matters of BRE Regulation.
- Real Property Section of the State Bar of California,
Past Executive Committee Appointee (2010-2013) and Advisor to the Committee (2013-2015)
- California Association of Realtors Legal Affairs Forum
- Member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member of the California Academy for Health Care Professionals
also Co-author of updates for CEB: California Real Property Sales Transactions.
Recent Topics: Real Estate Broker Supervision Standards; Regulatory Audits in the Real Estate Industry; Understanding the Bureau of Real Estate Broker Office Survey Process and Compliance Standards for Property Management Brokers
Ms. Work serves as a consultant and expert witness on the issues of broker regulation and broker supervision standards.